Starting a worker cooperative is an exciting and challenging endeavor!
Here are a few to-do's to get your team started:
- Learn the definition of a worker co-op.
- Join the USFWC as a member organization. You'll be connected to a national and international network of cooperators, developers, and allies that will help to support you through the process.
- Attend our FREE monthly Worker Co-op Startup webinar - see our events page for the next session
- Check out Start.coop's Introduction to Lean Co-op, an online course for entrepreneurs building cooperatively-owned businesses
- Choose a book from our Co-op Bookshelf to read with your team
- Watch a co-op video together during lunch
- Work through the Co-op Movement study guide from TESA Collective
Additional startup resources from the Democracy at Work Institute are available here, and check out our past webinars and mini guides below!
Building Your Team Mini Guide: Hiring & Onboarding (coming soon!)
See the recording of the webinar associated with this topic on our YouTube channel.