We have exciting news: SB 1407, the CA Employee Ownership Act, has been passed out of the California Senate with unanimous support! This is an exciting step toward the expansion of worker ownership in California, and a win for workers, small businesses, and local economies.
We’re so thankful to WORC Coalition members and supporters who have helped reach this step forward. Now, we need your continued support in ensuring that SB 1407 is passed in the Assembly, and that funding is secured in this year’s budget to expand employee ownership in our state.
Right now, we have two critical asks:
- Send a Letter of Support to the CA Assembly Committee on Jobs, Economic Development, and the Economy!
- Download the SB 1407 bill factsheet and make a copy of the template letter of support. Fill in your organization’s information.
- Email a copy of your letter of support to WORC Coalition Coordinator Bernadette firstname.lastname@example.org and she’ll upload it on your behalf. Please do so by Monday, June 13th.
- Call CA Senate and Assembly Budget Committee Members and ask them to secure funding to support SB 1407 and expand employee ownership in California!
- You can use this script to make calls!