Website Austin Cooperative Business Foundation
ACBF is looking for a community organizer to work as a part-time contractor for 12 months at $27/hr for 20 hours/week. There may be an opportunity to renew the contract or to be hired as an employee after the contract is completed depending on funding. Email resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com.
- Must be able to travel in Austin
- Must be able to lift heavy objects and be on feet 2-4 hours
- Must be fluent in Spanish, bilingual Spanish/English
- Must have lived or professional experience working with Latin American diaspora/immigrant population
- Community organizing, event planning OR volunteer management experience
- Knowledge and commitment to Anti-racism
- Preference for knowledge of co-op model
- Preference for knowledge of local Austin political scene/non profit dynamics
- Google Suite experience
Specific deliverables within contract:
- Conduct 1 on 1s with residents
- Organize community ambassador meetings
- Organize resident planner meetings
- Help identify leaders and potential leaders for leadership
- positions like the board, ambassadors, resident planners
- At least 3 board members, 5 ambassadors, and 2 resident planners by the end of 2024.
- Identify leaders and potential leaders needs and barriers and connecting them to those resources/ACBF to address those needs and barriers
- Work with ACBF and ROCUSA to develop/connect to leadership training opportunities
- Develop materials and distribute
- Work with ACBF to plan and execute trainings
- Support Program Coordinator in fulfilling grant needs
- Collect log information from residents
- Review and turn in logs and track attendance
- Receive and organize any materials and supply orders on property
- Assist Asociacion de Residentes de Norte Lamar (ARNL) with community meetings
- 10 community meetings a year
- Book translators if needed
- Assist residents with PCAD-related paperwork
- Collect stipend paperwork of 60% of property
- Assist residents with ACC, ROC USA, and ARNL with owning their home and becoming ARNL residents
- Ensure accurate membership and rent roll
- Submit a verbal or written report bi weekly to ACBF staff
- Attend meetings as requested by ACBF within contracted hours limit
- Please email your resume and brief cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Friday, November 10th.
- Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
- Predicted start date of November 27th.
- Timeline subject to change based on candidates.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.