Co-op Cincy and Co-op Dayton are seeking a joint full-time Communications Program Manager or contractor to join our team. Our organizations work to overcome inequality of opportunity, mobility, and income by building a network of unionized worker-owned cooperative businesses.
Join the Co-op Cincy and Co-op Dayton team and help design and implement our communications and marketing plan. This is a full-time equivalent position.
- Help design and implement branding/communications strategies for each organization.
- Develop marketing/communication materials/strategy (displays, handouts, annual reports, etc).
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with the media, including crafting compelling story pitches, managing press inquiries, and strategically securing earned media. Skilled at article writing, connecting with reporters, and ensuring positive media coverage for the organization.
- Update and manage websites.
- Digital marketing knowledge; We value an understanding of digital marketing principles. This includes SEO, online advertising, and data analytics.
- Maintain a strong social media presence by posting every 1-2 days on at least 4 platforms and actively engaging with users. Essential proficiency in managing social media platforms includes a strong understanding of trends, analytics, and the ability to create engaging content.
- Connect social and digital efforts among Co-op Cincy, Co-op Dayton, and all co-ops in our networks.
- Design and send out monthly email communications (aka newsletters).
- Assist in developing educational and promotional materials including videos.
- Support co-op development.
- Participate in various Co-op Cincy and Co-op Dayton activities.
- Represent Co-op Cincy and Co-op Dayton publicly.
- Reprioritize work from time to time to support the staff in each organization.
- Strong listening, communication, and people/interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Stupendous Graphic design skills -utilizing programs such as InDesign, Photoshop, Canva, and similar programs.
Familiarity with social media management platforms.
- Understanding of email marketing tools like Mailchimp for creating and managing email campaigns.
- Knowledge of CMS platforms (e.g., Squarespace, WordPress) for managing and updating our websites.
- Social media management experience including the following platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter/X, Linked In)
- Creative thinking – the ability to consider something in a new way and bring new perspectives to the workplace
- Computer skills – Google Drive, Office Suites, etc.
- Ability to use analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics) to track and analyze website traffic, social media metrics, and other key performance indicators.
- Candidates with a movement background are preferred.
Compensation: starting salary of $55,000 per year with generous PTO and vacation time.
Benefits: Healthcare and short-term disability are provided without a waiting period. These benefits are made possible through our union affiliation.
Union Membership is a part of this job. There is a small initial initiation fee and then a small amount is withheld from each paycheck. In addition to access to healthcare, there are other awesome benefits.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, portfolio, and/or helpful links to your work to firstname.lastname@example.org by Feb 14, 2024.
Co-op Cincy and Co-op Dayton are Equal Opportunity Employers and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply. Salary is commensurate with experience and subject to available funding constraints. Only those whose applications are being considered will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com