We are frequently working with or creating new applications with Ruby, mostly Rails. These projects are in various states of development, from ‘proof-of-concept’ to ‘ready-to-deploy’ to support. The work could also include leveraging new technologies such as AI and machine learning as service type technologies for custom application implementation. Our work is joined by a common thread of being human-centric and intended to serve our clients with solutions rooted in ethical principles.
Our teams include back-end and front-end developers, UX designers, graphic designers, product managers, QA technicians, and project managers. We work closely and collaboratively and meet regularly with the clients. Our teams are distributed around the world and meet via video conference.
What You Will Need:
- Support reviews of peers and help to optimize processes.
Desire to actively engage in constructive code and design reviews with peers and partners.
- Maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
4+ years of writing effective and scalable code in Rails.
- Expertise in Rspec.
- Familiarity with Capistrano or other deployment tools for Rails.
- Advanced knowledge of databases.
- Advanced knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Building back-end components for web applications.
- Testing applications for performance, responsiveness and security.
- Hands-on experience writing command-line apps using Ruby libraries.
- Expert understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to those.
- Experience working in Agile Development Methodologies and frameworks such as Scrum.
- Deliver quality, professional work on a daily basis as a matter of principle.
- Work with distributed teams using online collaboration tools like Slack and Zoom.
For more details about who we are looking for and the skills required, click the ‘Apply for job’ button