Please send resume, cover letter, and application responses to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 17, 2022.
Hourly salary for this position annualizes to $36,000.
We need someone who can:
> Enjoy working as part of a team;
> Do extensive lifting and other physical warehouse tasks;
> Use computers, hand-held devices, and motorized equipment for order picking, packing and inventory (training provided);
> Pay attention to detail and work accurately;
> Communicate and problem solve effectively with co-workers and customers;
> Manage time and responsibilities;
> Learn and contribute to the success of our co-op and our mission.
Why should you apply?
– You want a physically active job at a mission-driven organization that is building a democratic food system.
– Generous paid time off and benefits (health, dental, and vision insurance, and retirement)
– Safe, respectful workplace policies that protect the health of workers
– Free coffee, tea & cocoa (and sometimes chocolate!)
– Worker-Ownership after 1 year: Profit/loss sharing, educational curriculum, mentor program.
As a business dedicated to economic justice for small farmers worldwide, our worker-owners, and communities in the US, we welcome black, indigenous, people of color, women, queer and trans-identified folks to apply. We believe that our differences strengthen our co-op.
1) In your opinion, describe a well-run warehouse. Be specific.
2) You’ve been hired as an Equal Exchange West worker-owner track employee. You’ve discovered there are days when you’re not as busy as others in normal work activity. There are no packages to pack, the phones are quiet and your supervisor is absent. What comes to mind?
3) This position involves repetitive physical labor: fulfilling orders, unloading deliveries, working in temperature extremes, occasionally doing deliveries, and communicating with customer service when needed. Please share about some relevant past work experience that shows your qualifications for thriving in these conditions.
See the full job description at: https://equalexchange.coop/careers/west-warehouse
To apply for this job please visit equalexchange.coop.