Website People's Food Co-op
Collectively managed cooperative grocery in Portland, OR
People’s Food Co-op is a values driven, community-owned natural foods store, and we operate with a democratic, consensus-based Collective Management structure. As Collective Managers, we operate the store together, meaning that in addition to each of us holding a core position, we work Storekeeping shifts, serve on committees, attend monthly meetings, and participate in collective decisions to keep the Co-op financially sustainable and to make it a great place to work. Collective work requires us all to be actively engaged, and though it might be more work, our dedication to a democratic workplace serves both us and the broader community.
This 35 hour per week position includes Bulk Buying, Collective Management and Storekeeping responsibilities. The purpose for these positions are as follows:
- Responsible for the selection, pricing, ordering, merchandising, and stocking of bulk department merchandise.
- Keep the Co-op financially viable
- Make food available to people in a humane environment
- Further People’s Ends and the Cooperative Principles
- Democratically manage the Co-op’s operations within the constraints (Limitations Policies) set forth by the Board of Directors
- To engage community members and provide prompt, welcoming service.
- To keep the store clean, safe, and well-functioning.
- To further the Ends of the co-op.
Compensation & Benefits include:
- $17/hour starting wage for all positions
- Human scale and empowered workplace
- Full time hours minimum of 35 hours per week
- 19% discount on purchases at the Co-op
- Employer funded medical and dental insurance (including access to naturopathy, chiropractic and acupuncture)
- Generous paid time off
- Annual raises
- Employer matching retirement benefits
Applications are due no later than 10am on Tuesday, September 7th, 2021
To learn more and download an application to apply, visit our website at: www.peoples.coop/employment
To apply for this job please visit www.peoples.coop.