Catalyst Miami, a nonprofit organization igniting community-driven change, is seeking a Worker-Owned Enterprises Manager is responsible for supporting the organization’s Worker-Owned Enterprises Program comprised of an academy and incubator for worker-owned-and-run businesses called worker cooperatives. The Manager will help cooperatives troubleshoot problems as they arise, connect cooperatives with partnership, business development, and funding opportunities.
SALARY: $50,000 – $55,000
BENEFITS: 401K, 401K match, PTO, Health, Dental, Vision
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support recruitment for and management of the year-long Cooperative Academy.
- Work with TA providers to create workshops and training support materials for Academy.
- Facilitate Academy sessions on business development and entrepreneurship.
- Support the development of a non-extractive loan fund for Miami worker cooperatives.
- Develop, review, and assist in underwriting non-extractive loans for worker cooperatives in Miami.
- Coordinate legal incorporation and governance structure with attorneys, when applicable.
- Coordinate with consultants providing TA to the organization on worker cooperative development.
- Review and assist in implementing marketing strategy with program participants.
- Support the development/strengthening of the back office for cooperative businesses, including bookkeeping, benefits packages, and more.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor and CEO.
- Language: Professional working proficiency in oral and written English. Haitian Creole and/or Spanish preferred.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Years of experience: 5 years
- Computer skills required: Microsoft Office suite and comfort learning and adopting new web-based platforms.
- Other skills required: Working with diverse communities, facilitating consensus-based decision-making among groups, excellent listening skills, conflict resolution, coaching and mentoring, leadership development, raising capital.
Please send an email to De’Sean Weber at email@example.com with your resume, cover letter, and the answer to the following two questions: What does economic and racial justice mean to you? And, what does economic democracy mean to you?
To apply for this job please visit www.catalystmiami.org.