Website Democracy Brewing
Brewery and restaurant in Downtown Boston
THE GENERAL MANAGER ROLE
The General Manager is a crucial leader in ensuring our food, beer, and service are exceptional. The General Manager maintains and is responsible for a democratic work environment, the various HR and service related systems and processes, and the financial stability of the Temple Place location of Democracy Brewing.
SCOPE OF WORK
People Management (60%)
- Continuously strives to develop staff to improve productivity and ensure all restaurant staff and management team members have the necessary tools to perform daily duties.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility, sanitation, and cleanliness through training of employees and by creating a positive and productive working environment.
- Make employment and termination decisions across departments.
- Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Communicate all aspects of weekly operations by leading weekly team management meetings.
- Be the example of how a worker owner at Democracy Brewing should conduct themselves both in and out of the building.
Organizational Development (20%)
- Assist in developing, planning, and executing restaurant marketing, advertising, and promotional activities and campaigns.
- Forecast and implement improvement plans for management development, and continuing education.
- Design and implement company policy and standards as needed.
Operational Duties (20%)
- Uphold and conform to all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs, including steps of service and hospitality standards.
- Ensure that all food and products are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s recipes, portioning, cooking, and serving standards.
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations are always meeting guest expectations.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports, and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Putting the infrastructure and systems in place that are required to operate the front of the house.
- Ability to communicate needs and ask questions – For a team to function effectively we need strong, regular communication.
- Strong commitment to hospitality – This position requires a high level of hospitality to our guests and our staff.
- Mentor mentality – A drive to continuously educate both yourself and those around you.
- Democratic management – Ensuring people are heard in the process of making decisions and thinking through how and who these decisions impact.
- 3 years of management experience preferred.
- 1 year of hospitality experience preferred.
- Project Management: Proven experience bringing a project to completion from conception. Able to perform research and development, implementation, manage a budget, conduct evaluation, and ensure ongoing project improvement.
- Creative Problem Solving: Demonstrated ability to foresee obstacles, generate and implement solutions, and manage long-term changes as needed.
- Technology: Proficient with GoogleSuites, Slack, and experience with point of sale software.
- Leadership: Proven experience leading a team
- Experience working within a worker cooperative.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Salary Range: $70,000 – $80,000
- 3 weeks PTO
- Paid sick time
- Monthly Perq T pass
- Ownership eligibility after 1 year
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org