Website Miami Workers Center
Building Power and Self-Determination with Workers in Miami
Miami Workers Center is seeking a full-time Field Manager to execute and manage our issue-based engagement contact and get-out the vote programs, primarily by overseeing our volunteer and paid canvassers in door-knocking, as well as other tactics, including phone and text programs.
Who We Are
The Miami Workers Center (MWC) organizes towards dignity, power, and self-determination with workers, tenants, women, and families across Miami. We fight for the rights, resources, and respect our community deserves. Our members are working-class Black and Brown women who hail from Latin America, the Caribbean, and African American communities of Miami-Dade. Our members are predominantly tenants, and many work in the cleaning and caring economies as domestic, child & homecare workers both formally and informally. We believe in self-determination over our bodies, our homes, our labor, our land. We believe in a Miami where all of us can live, work, and grow in our full dignity.
Who You Are
- You are passionate about workers and tenant rights: You are committed to ensuring that Miami Workers Center meets its electoral goals and you have a strong working knowledge of federal, state and municipal legislative processes. You are eager to grow your experience as a Field Manager and make a big difference in local elections.
- You have experience leading teams: You have the proven ability to motivate and support teams to meet recruitment and voter contact goals. You are able to resolve conflicts while maintaining important and effective relationships.
- You are highly organized: You are able to handle multiple projects simultaneously, meeting frequent deadlines. You show attention to detail and have effective time management skills, including prioritizing and managing multiple tasks, and demonstrated experience in developing campaign and personal work plans and goals.
- You are an outstanding communicator: You have excellent listening, speaking, and interpersonal skills. You are able to work effectively in politically sensitive and high-pressure environments and can exercise excellent political judgment and discretion.
Field Manager Primary Responsibilities
- Staff and volunteer Supervision: Manage the logistics for paid and volunteer canvassers, including developing plans, managing contract staff, and coordinating materials and scheduling.
- Volunteer and Staff Recruitment: Help to recruit volunteers and paid canvassers for the Miami Workers Center electoral program.
Training and Coaching: Providing training, technical support, troubleshooting, and coaching to staff and volunteers leading and participating in Miami Workers Center voter programs.
Project Planning and Management: Conceptualize and construct field strategy and goals for field operations including field budgets, work plans, and overall timelines for voter contact, volunteer recruitment, grassroots engagement and GOTV.
Voter Engagement: Utilizing multiple strategies to engage voters, including text and phone programs.
Goal Tracking and Reporting: Establish accountability systems in the field to ensure that campaign goals are met, including the implementation of post-campaign debriefs and assessments. Design and standardize best practices for data management using the campaign’s voter file software.
- 2+ cycles of campaign field experience
- Extensive experience with and ability to cut turf and train on Votebuilder (VAN)
Salary commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package including health insurance, and vacation for full-time employees.
TO APPLY: Please upload your resume and cover letter here. In your cover letter please tell us more about your interest in the Miami Workers Center and how your experience skills will support our work.