Website PV Squared
PV Squared is a worker-owned solar installation cooperative
Since 2002, PV Squared has provided custom solar energy solutions to businesses, nonprofits and homeowners in the Pioneer Valley and surrounding regions. We are driven by a commitment to building a healthier environment, strengthening the communities we serve, and practicing workplace democracy. We see our people as our most valued asset and we believe our greatest impact can only be achieved collectively.
The Permitting Specialist is responsible for providing administrative support to the Operations Team by being the primary point of contact for all municipal Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ’s), processing permit applications, and securing the necessary approvals for solar installations to begin. They will report directly to the Operations Team Coordinator and work with others to ensure PV Squared operations run smoothly and effectively.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for AHJ’s and municipal inspection departments
- Collaborate with co-workers to prepare and deliver all building and electrical permit applications
- Request permit application fees be processed by the Accounting Team
- Develop and maintain relationships with Municipalities and AHJ’s for the betterment of PV Squared and our clients
- Understand the different permitting requirements for each type of project and municipality to ensure projects move through the queue as efficiently as possible
- Maintain clear and professional communications, internally and externally, written and verbal
- Follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) associated with roles and responsibilities
- Must hold a valid Drivers License and have reliable transportation
- Comfort communicating verbally and in writing with various stakeholders
- Understands the importance of task prioritization and has proven methods to self-accountability
- Brings a positive, collaborative, and solutions-oriented attitude to work
- Passionate about solar energy, green building, and the cooperative business model
What We Offer:
- $22.00 – $25.00 per hour
- A collaborative, cooperative and democratic work environment
- As a worker-owned cooperative we offer an employee-friendly benefits package, including, but not limited to: Employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance; Paid time off (starting at 3 weeks), plus 12 holidays; 401(k) with 3% employer contribution; Health savings accounts; Company cell phone, and other reimbursements; Short and long term disability, and life insurance
- Path to shared worker-ownership of the business and profit sharing
- Participation in group decision making and cooperative governance
- Professional development and technical training stipends
We are looking for people who are passionate about making a positive impact and being part of a cooperative environment. As a worker-owned cooperative, we take pride in our work and we respect the investments our clients are making. We’ve built our reputation on strong word of mouth, quality craftsmanship, and outstanding client care. We are an anti-oppression organization committed to anti-racism and ongoing learning, reflection, and showing up for the communities in which we live and work. The collective sum of our individual differences contributes to the work we proudly produce and the collaborative approach we take.
This is a full-time position based in Greenfield, MA. PV Squared is an Equal Opportunity Employer and holds MA Elec. Lic. 3877 A1. PV Squared is committed to fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company culture. Compensation based on experience and qualifications. To apply, please email your cover letter and resume with “Permitting Specialist” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com