Shared Capital Cooperative seeks a Director of Finance and Operations as part of its senior management team of the $17 million national CDFI loan fund. With a successful, 40-year track record of financing consumer, small producer, housing, and worker-owned cooperatives, Shared Capital’s mission is to build a just, equitable, and democratic economy by investing in cooperative enterprises. Shared Capital is organized as a cooperative association that is democratically owned and governed by more than 250 cooperatives across 36 states.
The Director of Finance and Operations is a new position and reports to the Executive Director. The position is based at Shared Capital’s national office in Minneapolis-St. Paul.
The Director of Finance and Operations is expected to deliver the following results:
Financial Management and Oversight
• Maintain strong internal controls, financial systems, and processes for a growing fund.
• Ensure timely and accurate generation of financial statements.
• Manage liquidity and compliance with budgets.
• Lead the annual budgeting process, and effectively manage compliance.
• Prepare for and manage independent audit ensuring a smooth, timely, and clean annual audit.
• Oversee an effective financial and operations team, including supervising operations manager, bookkeeper, and contract controller.
• Work with Director of Lending to monitor portfolio performance and risk.
• Serve as liaison to Board and Finance Committee on financial and administrative matters, including coordinating the Finance Committee.
Management of Operations and Administration
• Develop and oversee efficient administrative processes and systems.
• Oversee Human Resources, teambuilding, and performance review systems.
• Supervise administrative, operations, and finance staff and contractors, including setting and managing clear performance expectations, and providing regular feedback and performance reviews.
• Maintain accurate recordkeeping and timely reporting to funders, investors, members, and regulatory bodies, including CDFI Fund.
• Monitor compliance with organizational policies, condition, financial covenants, and contractual obligations.
• As part of the senior management team, help lead the implementation of the organization’s strategic vision, goals, and annual work plan.
• Develop and monitor organizational budgets and projections to map the path for organizational growth and development.
• Contribute significantly to a healthy and innovative organizational culture rooted in a commitment to racial, social, and economic equity and justice.
Qualifications and Characteristics
The successful candidate will be a person with the following characteristics and qualifications:
• 7-10 years of finance and accounting experience and knowledge of GAAP.
• BA required; Master’s degree or commensurate experience preferred.
• At least 5 years of senior management experience.
• Demonstrated supervisory experience successfully coaching and empowering staff and building accountable teams.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Significant experience with computer software and systems, especially QuickBooks Online and Microsoft office suite.
• A systems-thinker who can see how to build and transform processes and systems to support efficiency and growth.
• Proven capacity to work effectively and build respectful relationships with people of diverse cultures and backgrounds.
• Commitment to equity and justice, and to the mission of the organization.
• Significant experience with a CDFI loan fund is preferred or must have an interest and commitment to quickly developing knowledge of CDFIs.
This is a full-time, exempt position. Salary range is $82,000 to $107,000, depending on qualifications. Shared Capital offers a generous benefits package, including employer-paid health and dental coverage, Health Savings Account, short- and long-term disability, matching retirement contributions, and generous Paid Time Off starting at 26 days per year.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Shared Capital Cooperative is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to having a diverse, inclusive, and equitable organization. We seek a diverse pool of applicants and encourage applications from people of color, women, and LGBTQ. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, personal credit score, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
Send cover letter and resume to Hiring Manager at email@example.com. Position is open until filled.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org