Website TECHNICIANS FOR SUSTAINABILITY (TFS)
Powering Our Community with Solar
Technicians for Sustainability (TFS), an employee-owned cooperative, is looking for an individual with a demonstrated commitment to sustainability, a high-level of organization, and excellent communication skills to work as the Director of Talent and Culture.
This role is responsible for building and maintaining a unique and positive work culture focused on fulfilling our company mission, and will manage HR responsibilities. This is done in part through nurturing a sense of responsibility and accountability within a low hierarchy structure. The position is an important part of the management team and reports directly to the CEO.
Essential Duties Include:
- Overall: Develop and implement HR strategies, with a focus on optimizing a culture aligned with our mission and values, and performing at the highest level of quality and efficiency in pursuit of that mission.
- Ensure that culture is diverse and feels welcoming and supportive to all kinds of people.
- Accountable for all employee life-cycle activities, including managing HR operations, programs and processes.
- Recruit interested and motivated candidates and manage that process, including creative sourcing of candidates.
- Consult with leadership team and managers on organizational structure, roles, responsibilities and staffing levels.
- Create and update job descriptions and job requirements where and when needed.
- Manage hiring, onboarding, initial training and development processes to ensure full level of engagement and long-term success of new staff members.
- Coach and support managers/leaders to ensure they have the necessary tools and resources needed to optimize performance and achieve established organization goals
- Provide ongoing support and coaching to all staff to ensure the organization is transparent and consistent in applying human resource policies and achieving goals, as well as providing focus on personal responsibility for team success.
- Maintain a culture of continuous improvement/feedback and professional development.
- Stay connected to all staff: hear their needs, understand their morale, give honest and constructive feedback.
- Collaborate with leadership team to update, and maintain the company’s compensation program, philosophy, and structure
- Contribute to short and long-term organizational planning and strategy as a member of the management team.
- Participate in management team level meetings and decisions.
- In collaboration with leadership, ensures we’re meeting all obligations federal and state employment and benefits laws and regulations.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Strong management, leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- Track record of directing, measuring, and reporting progress towards project goals.
- Must be a problem solver, self-motivated, patient and collaborative.
- Knowledge of state and federal labor laws.
- Able to resolve issues that arise with compassion, integrity and awareness of policy and applicable laws.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic business environment and agility to pivot as needed.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative atmosphere giving and receiving feedback to improve personal performance as well as that of the team and the entire company.
- Demonstrated commitment to social change and sustainable development.
Compensation based on experience. Full-time position. Benefits include flex time/scheduling, health insurance, paid time-off, profit-sharing, alternative transportation stipend, opportunity to become a Co-Owner of the company and Employee Sustainable Systems program.
We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and embrace diversity and equity in our workplace and culture.
We do give priority hiring to folks living in our local Tucson community, but will consider out of town/state applicants.
Please submit Resume with a full page Letter of Interest (applications received without a Letter of Interest will be discarded) in PDF format
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com