We’re looking for a self-directed, detail-obsessed, customer service aficionado to join our team providing top-notch bookkeeping to diverse small businesses.
Wanderwell is a small business consultancy dedicated to giving visionary business owners trainings, tools, and services to find success while staying true to their values and beliefs. Our team works both remotely and in person with a results and relationship-driven approach. Our clients are a motley crew of inspiring, driven, passionate & compassionate, and interesting businesses covering a breadth of fields of practice.
A successful candidate will independently manage a diverse range of small business accounts, utilizing Quickbooks online and cloud-based systems and applications, ensuring that our growing roster of interesting and creative small businesses and nonprofits receive clean books and up-to-date financial information on a weekly or monthly-basis. Ideal candidates are organized and clear communicators, both with internal WW team and with clients, and obsessive in attention to detail.
You may not have a traditional accounting or finance background, but more importantly you love to problem solve, work with people, and are excited to serve the small business community and help our awesome clients do their best work by taking care of the behind the scenes bookkeeping for them.
- Managing day-to-day relationships with assigned clients, including communicating proactively with clients and Wanderwell Team.
- Perform all bookkeeping functions for assigned clients, including entering bills and recording payments; preparing monthly summary reports and supporting in year end report delivery; managing accounts receivable and supporting collections; filing sales tax.
- Communicate and meet with clients regularly to answer questions, troubleshoot, or explain financial information.
- Employ exceptional customer service and communication skills to respond gracefully and punctually to clients and Wanderwell, while continually find ways to improve our services.
- Independently manage schedule and workload, proactively keeping up with our internal operational reporting to ensure our whole team is on the same page.
Skills & Qualifications
- 3+ years of bookkeeping experience; Quickbooks Online experience required.
- Experience with a range of small business bookkeeping and/or client-based experience preferred.
- Ability to identify potential problems, analyze issues, and provide proactive solutions.
- Exceptional customer service skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and graciously.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability thriving in independent work environments.
- An active interest in supporting the growth and success of a community of mission-driven, interesting businesses.
While there are no particular language requirements for this position, we do have demand for Spanish language bookkeeping services and are always interested in Spanish proficient candidates.
Compensation + Benefits
$18-$22 per hour, depending on experience
Position will start at around 20 hours/week, with opportunity to grow to take on more clients and hours over time.
We offer flexible work hours and remote work ability. Preference given to candidates based in the Philadelphia area, but other well-qualified candidates will be considered. We work a flexible 9-5ish as a company. Our office and headquarters is located in Center City Philadelphia
Wanderwell offers paid vacation between Christmas and New Years to all employees, regardless of status; part time employees may accrue PTO after a successful initial period of employment.
Please send an email to melissa (at) wanderwellconsulting (dot) com with a single PDF attachment containing your current resume, two references, and a cover letter that includes a response to this prompt:
Describe your interest in the position and how it would fit into the current fabric of your life.
Please use the subject line “Bookkeeping Associate!”.
Please note, we will not consider applications that do not outline specific bookkeeping and Quickbooks Online experience.
Wanderwell is an Equal Opportunity Employer and women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people, disabled people, and those from all other protected classes are encouraged to apply.