PACA and the USFWC are partnering to support worker cooperatives in the Philadelphia area, connecting them to both a national and local network of peers, trainings, and supports.
PACA is a nonprofit and a cooperative committed to growing a network of cooperative enterprises that operate in all sectors of the economy to build a better world. Our members are co-op businesses in the Philadelphia region representing over 20,000 member-owners within worker co-ops, food co-ops, housing co-ops, credit unions, and others.
The United States Federation of Worker Cooperatives (USFWC) is the national grassroots membership organization for worker cooperatives. Our mission is to build a thriving cooperative movement of stable, empowering jobs through worker-ownership. We advance worker-owned, -managed, and -governed workplaces through cooperative education, advocacy and development.
Who is this for?
This partnership supports worker co-ops and democratic workplaces.
Other PACA members are welcome to join as associates.
Joint Member Benefits
Education, Training, and Resources
- Free and discounted educational workshops and trainings through PACA, USFWC, such as democratic management, leadership development, and anti-oppression trainings.
- Fee for service training and technical assistance through PACA & USFWC
- Nominate candidates for and vote for PACA’s board of directors
- Eligible members can vote and run for the USFWC’s board of directors
- Updates about PACA and the USFWC’s development
Health Related Benefits
- Access to the USFWC’s affordable, transparent, easy-to-use dental and vision plans through Ameritas and Eyemed
- Connection to our broker for general health insurance
- A voice on behalf of co-ops and credit unions with government and the public to support cooperative businesses and development
- National advocacy for worker co-ops and democratic ownership
Committees, Councils and Peer Networks
- Fundraising Committee
- Membership Committee
- Public Policy Committee
- Communications Committee
- Policy and Advocacy Member Council
- Movimiento de Inmigrantes en Cooperativas (Immigrant Member Council)
- Racial and Economic Justice Member Council
- Union Co-ops Member Council
- Conversions Peer Network
- Farming Peer Network
- Keystone Peer Network
Marketing & Outreach
- Curation and sharing of local and national worker co-op news, programs, and job opportunities, amplification of local work
- Assistance with finding and accessing capital and funding sources
- Coordination with local, national and international movement partners to promote worker co-ops throughout the world