Today we recognize May Day and labor movements around the world, particularly the worker-owned and democratically governed businesses that make up our membership.
- New to worker co-operatives? Listen to this Upstream podcast and learn from people in the field, including our own Executive Director Esteban Kelly.
- Everywhere: Support cooperatives, women, immigrants and people of color who have launched worker-owned businesses. Find a worker co-op in our list here.
- Coffee Lover? Find a cooperative cafe to energize yourself — but likely not today, as many will be closed for May Day.
- New York: Gather at the NYC Freedom Cities May Day + IWJ Tour 2018 as they carry on the legacy of the Immigrant Worker Justice Tour in the struggle for freedom and liberation
- Make your way to “A Taste of Solidarity” tonight, hosted by the Cooperative Economics Alliance of New York City to support New Yorkers advancing a cooperative future for our city.
- Oakland: Join the “User, Worker, Owner! Bringing Democracy to Work” event on May 2 with Tech Workers Coalition, Reflex Design Collective, and CoLab.coop where they will define problems they face in tech workplaces and platforms, connect with like-minded peers, and explore strategies to shift ownership and control with an intersectional equity lens.
Add to the list – share your campaigns with us at firstname.lastname@example.org — workers rights are for every day, and we’ll spread the world whenever you share them.